Translate

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Elliott Wave on EUR/USD; The Vix index and Dow Jones Industrial

Today there will only be a short update.

EUR/USD - Is back into the resistance area between 128.15 and 128.55. Overall I expect this resistance area to hold for a new decline towards strong support at 125.45. We have to observe the current consolidation for clues telling us, this is more than just a minor consolidation. If we break clearly above 128.55 we might be in for a bigger retracement towards the 131 area.

We do need a break below 127.10 to ease the upside pressure and a new decline towards 125.45.The Vix-Index - Tested the ending diagonals resistance line, but couldn't break it on its first go. I do expect a new test soon and if we break above the resistance line at on this test we can conclude, that we have seen the termination of the ending diagonal and a new rally towards at least 34.50 - 35.00 have begun.Dow Jones Industrial - Is hanging on to its gains, but I still think, that these lofty areas will be to much and we should soon see a break below 12,311 confirming that we have see a top and are on the way down towards 11,733 and 11,231 and the next supports.

Longer term I'm still looking for a test of the strong neckline support near 10,575.

8 comments:

  1. dont you think you are going WRONG everytime.get off this analysis and get a real job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Unknown....

    I like you courage!

    Regards
    EWS

    ReplyDelete
  3. today dow is meeting resistance.and there is a rising wedge.if it breaks above 12650 decisively...then its a breakout.give both sides of the coin.copper went on rising after breakout of a triangle in weekly charts.s&p had an inverted h and s pattern target got met today.usdjpy never went above 78 now its turning,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Unknown

    You are absolutely right!

    I won't argue against that. Yes I missed Copper completely. I might miss DJI too, we will just have to see.

    Regarding USD/JPY the jury is still out there, but I did warn of the possible risk if we couldn't take out the falling downtrend line.

    My analysis is in no way flawless, but nobody's is. It's free to read my blog and if you think I'm an idiot so be it, but then why not just skip it?

    Regards
    EWS

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are intelligent.your blog is good.but give pictures of both sides.and i am the only guy reading it perhaps,because i dont see any other person commenting....so no one else reads it...your crude take was wrong too.so when youre right its just by fluke.....good luck im going to miss this site....it really made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. usdollex has broken down from a rising channel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again Unknown, (I'm still not happy with that name, but it is what it is...)

    I'm not sure you are the only one reading it. The visitors map tells something else.

    I'm just sorry that you didn't give some inputs earlier maybe, just maybe, we could have benefited from it both ways. You seems to be knowing what you are talking about.

    I'm also sorry that you will miss a good laugh, but as I said it's free, so if you need a good laugh you are always welcome ;o)

    Regards
    EWS

    Finally yes the rising channel in the USD-Index broke yesterday, but that more or less fits to my break above 128.80 in EUR/USD calling for a move closer to 131, which for the USD-Index means a decline back towards the neckline support near 79.25.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry i just wanna mention that i read with pleasure every week.... I also want similar blog.. thanks for good work.. but you know waves always have surprises

    ReplyDelete