Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Elliott wave analysis of US 10Y Yield - More upside to cover


US 10 Y Yield

I was asked if I have a Count for the US 10 Y Yield, normally I don't, but this would be my preferred Count both for the long term Picture and the medium term Picture.

I think we saw a triple zig-zag decline from the July 1981 high at 15.84% and saw the end at 1.56% in July 2012. That was a 31 year decline of 14.28 figures.

Looking at the daily chart we can see a nice inverted S/H/S bottom calling for an important long term bottom. The target for this inverted S/H/S bottom is near 3.36%.

From an Elliott wave perspective I would be looking for a much higher target with the first important target near 4.0%. I would not expect this target to be broken in the first attempt, but soon or later it will be broken for a rally much higher.

4 comments:

  1. great calls on FB, GDX, and many others. I was glad to see your analysis on the 10 yr.
    I see SPWR may be in a wave 3 after all. Tomorrows earnings should be quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Todd,

      Thank you very much.

      Yes it seems that SPWR could be in wave 3 after all.

      Kind regards
      EWS

      Delete
  2. Hello Elliott Wave Surfer,

    Thank you very much for this.

    Greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete