Translate

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Elliott wave analysis of the USD - Today it's the USD Index; EUR/USD; GBP/USD; USD/JPY; AUD/USD and NZD/USD


 USD Index

Is the USD Index about to close above the resistance line from late 2005? If we get a monthly close above this resistance line we should expect the USD Index to move much higher.

On the weekly chart I have showed my bullish Count for the USD Index, but we still have some major hurdles to clear to confirm this is the right Count, but this Count calls for much more upside in the USD Index too.

EUR/USD

All we need is a clear break below 1.2745 to confirm that wave 3 is developing for a decline towards 1.1650 and at the same time a clear break below 1.2745 will trigger the S/H/S top.

GBP/USD

I know that many is looking for much more downside in this cross, but that possibility does not fit into my long term Count and therefore I still keep my much more bullish Count open until it has been proven wrong. A new break below 1.4831 will be the first warning, that my bullish Count is wrong and a break below 1.4258 will be the last nail in the coffin and I will have to adopt the bearish Count. But for now I'm holding my ground and keep my bullish GBP Count.


 USD/JPY

There is no doubt here. JPY is toasted for a very long term, but that does not mean it will be straight forward and just a one way ticket. Yes it has been that way since September 2012, but we can't expect this rally to keep on going forever, but where do we have the next possible upside target? At 106.20, where red wave iii will be 3.618 times longer than red wave i. However, even if we does see a short term top at 106.20 we should not expect more than brief correction Down to 99.38 and maybe 95.08 before the next rally higher.

AUD/USD

What just happened here a lot of AUD bulls are thinking to them self's. We where looking for wave e of the major wave 4 triangle, but all there is left is hope... Hope that support at 0.9581 doesn't break because a break below here will break the back on every AUD bull out there.

It has in no way been an easy Count and I have had a lot of doubts myself along the way, but the wave 4 triangle just never fitted into any of my Counts, however, the major top at 1.1080 was a perfect Count and that a major downside pressure was close by.

You can see my long term Count here: http://theelliottwavesufer.blogspot.dk/2012/07/audusd-in-long-term-bullish-or-bearish.html

So where are we going from here? I'm looking for decline to at least 0.8544, but I would not be surprised to see a decline down to 0.7940, where we should expect strong support. However for the short term the important level is 0.9581.

NZD/USD

The Picture here is more clear than the Picture for AUD. I'm looking for a long term decline to below 0.7369 ideally to 0.7240 as the first downside target, but Again I wouldn't be surprised to see it lower to the 0.6375 - 0.6400 area. Short term I'm looking for wave iii Down to 0.7801, where wave iii will be 2.618 times longer than wave i.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks EWS was going to ask you about GBP
    Best Regards jt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. usualy gpbusd has positive correlation. so when preview down eurusd and up gbpusd....is weird....besides....in your gbpusd chart show a little triangle that preceed from a down movement...when breaks that triangle you dont think it will be down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zink,

      I can only say I agree with you in that Cable is normally positively correlated with EUR/USD, but you know from time to time correlation just die for a time and get negatively correlated. I have no idea if this is what's going to happen and I could of cause be wrong in my Cable Count, but that's how I see thing right now and we will just have to wait and see how Things pan out.

      Kind regards
      EWS

      Delete
  3. $SCTY up another 16%. Unbelievable. Had I owned it, I would have sold a long time ago. FLSR up over 10%. SPWR up over 7 %.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Todd,

      Yes that's quite unbelievable, but that's how third waves are amazingly strong and Wonders to behold.

      Kind regards
      EWS

      Delete