Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Elliott wave analysis of AUD/USD and NZD/USD - I'm still Long term bearish

 AUD/USD

It has been quite a while since I last said anything about this cross, but then it has been pretty boring, while the triangle was Building.

Many analyst has this triangle as a wave 4 triangle, but I don't like that idea and will stay with both my long term Count and my call from December 30 2012, where I said I preferred this triangle to be a bearish one (you can see my post from December 30 here).

As you can see I have changed my triangle a Little and find this an even better fit for my bearish view. That said, we are not completely out of the Woods yet, but a break below strong support at 1.0111 should do the job and accelerate the move to the downside. But were are we headed? No matter how I Count this I would at least expect a decline to 0.8170, but I would not be surprised to see an even deeper decline towards the 0.60 - 0.61 area, but for now keep an eye on important support at 1.0111 and if it breaks make sure you are short AUD or close your long position fast the lightning.


NZD/USD

It has been even long time since I have said anything about the Kiwi dollar, but here too I have been bearish since the top way back in August 2011. Having worked with an other Count (still bearish NZD) I have changed, so that I now prefer wave 1 or A down from 0.8843 to 0.7484 was a leading diagonal and the following rally higher to 0.8677 was a flat wave 2 or B correction and that leaves us with wave 3 or C pointing hard down soon. I'm looking for a break below support at 0.8353 as the first good indication that wave 3 or C is under way, while a break below the support line at 0.8242 will confirm the decline for move lower to at least the 0.7750 - 0.78 area, but Again I would not be surprised to see a move much lower towards 0.6630 and maybe even lower.

2 comments:

  1. agree about aud/usd, weekly candle under the ichimoku cloud, on monthly chart chikou span crossing from above and most significant - breaking of the triangle would bring this down to 0.9 zone I guess..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete