Translate

Thursday, November 4, 2010

EUR/USD - The final thrust is well underway

The final thrust up, after the out of the triangle is well under way. Eventhough the above chart seem pretty simple, but the minor count is very hard to read.

As I see it we have two options regarding the minor count. The spike we saw after the FED announcement was an "X" wave and we are now in wave (iii) af iii of 5 up, which should reach at least 142.58 (being tested as I'm wrighting my post). Then we should see wave (iv) down to the 141.95-142.05 area, followed by wave (v) up to end wave iii.

The other alternativ is, that an expanding ending diagonal is evolving. If this is the case we should be close to the top (see the chart below). I would expect some overshooting, but a top should form near 142.60 for a quick decline below 141.10.

For now I prefer the impulsiv count, but a top near 142.60 followed by a break below 141.10 will give weight to the expanding ending diagonal count and the top already in place.

2 comments:

  1. Hi EWS,

    excellent work.

    Check your count on the first chart. There is an inconsistency with labeling. There are wave 3, 4 and 5 under the fat 3. This waves have no 1 and 2 (or I am blind :-) )

    I resolved that problem with a very extended wave three.....

    Best to you,


    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Markus,

    I hadn't noticed, but you are right. I havde missed one extension, which I can see on your count.

    Thank you and keep up you great work.

    Best to you too.

    EWS

    ReplyDelete