Translate

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

EUR - Will it make it or not?

I saw the above catoon in Financial Times yesterday and thourght it did fit well into my view of the Euro.

It also mad me think of the song "The Heat is on" I think it was a ABBA song, but I don't think Merkel, Sarkozy, Berlusconi and so on fell the same kind of heat as Agnetha Fältskog, when she song the song...



Original Post below:

The above cover from The Economist could be seen on 16 July, 2011. It shows a Euro coin ready to roll over the edge.

On 17 September, 2011 The Economist had a cover showing a Euro coin with cracks, which two workers is working to mend.

For both covers the colours are held in red and black, but on the September cover the red is weak and more towards an orange colour.

Looking at them together like this. I would expect that the Euro coin did roll over the edge, but made it and the cracks can be mended.

I do think this is a sign, that we haven't seen the worst in regards to the Euro. We haven't seen the Euro roll over the edge and we don't know if it only have minor cracks or it's broken in two. They are simply ahead of time.

I know The Economist isn't the best contrarian indicator. It´s actually a very good magazine, with a lot of in depth stories.

I just found the two covers so close apart interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment