Translate

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Elliott wave analysis of DJI; EUR/USD and Crude Oil

Dow Jones Industrial Index Monthly
Dow Jones Industrial Index Weekly 
Dow Jones Industrial Index

I'm still looking for one last decline closer to 14,551 before this first impulsive wave from the 15,658 comes to an end. Once this first downleg is in place we should be looking for a correction towards 15,241 before the next impulsive wave lower.That said we still need a break below important support at 14,551 to confirm, that wave D of the large expanding triangle is firmly in place and wave E has take over. This E wave will be a very deep decline and likely not end before it has reached 5,800. We are not taking 2013 or even 2014 here, but rather something like 2015 or maybe even early 2016 before this E wave is finally in place.

 
EUR/USD
 
 
We are still only in the very early parts of the possible wave 3 lower. I'm looking for a test of important support near 1.2850 and more importantly a test of support at 1,2745 and a break below here confirms a continuation lower towards 1.1879.
Ideally resistance at 1.3319 will protect the upside for a continuation lower, but only a break above 1.3452 will invalidate this Count and call for a continuation higher towards 1.44 and maybe closer to 1.4550 before down again.
 

Crude Oil

Is still on its way higher towards 120.84 as the next major target. However longer term I'm looking for a move even higher towards 126.87 before we should expect this rally to be over and renewed downside pressure to take over.
I regard this rally from the early 2009 low at 33.22 as part of a major correction and once this rally to 126.87 is over we should expect a major new decline to just below 33.22, but for now we should stay focused towards the upside for a run towards 120.84 at the next target.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the USD-EUR update. Could you possibly re-visit USD-JPY soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joseph,

    Will try to get it done later today.

    Kind regards
    EWS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi EWs,

    Look like we are on the same page to bearish EURUSD. IMO 5 wave impulsive from Key high 1.3450 to 1.3105 has been in place. Currently this pair is correcting in a-b-c. Possible area to end retracement @ 1.3300-1.3320.

    http://d.pr/i/jEwK

    Would you please comment on this? In case you view the market differently, would u please touch on that :D

    Thank you
    Duc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi EWS,

    I was checking on where you saw the GBP/USD is headed in the short term. Is the Euro leading or lagging the movement at this point? It always seems like the USD is weak in Sept, just wondering when it'll turn back up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi EWs and Paulr,

    I'd like to share my view on Cable. IMHO, I view this market is close to an important top. I put the reasoning in the picture. Please have a look

    http://d.pr/i/9O73 - H4
    http://d.pr/i/kXkq - H1

    Please comment on this. Thank you
    Duc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting perspective Vu Duc, I'd like to comment on your Blog, please send me the address/URL I'd like to put it alongside EWS's chart, seems like they mainly agree in the Big picture and what will happen a few weeks and months down the road.

      Delete
    2. Hi Vu Vuc,

      It seems that your links for Cable is broken Could I get you to re-send them?

      You are also welcome to send them to my e-mail: elliott.wave.surfer@hotmail.com if that is easier.

      Kind regards
      EWS

      Delete
  6. Hi EWs,

    I've checked the above URL, they are working excellent. Please try again.

    I've sent an email to you 24 ago. Could you recheck the inbox for my mail :) It's nice knowing you!!

    Duc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked at your Cable charts and I think we are on the same pace on this cross.

      I've not recieved your e-mail would you mind resending me the mail:

      elliott.wave.surfer@hotmail.com

      Kind regards
      EWS

      Delete
  7. Hi EWs,

    Please check the inbox for my new email :)

    Btw, talking about Crude, could you please comment on my EW View on this market. Thank you

    http://supamanfx.blogspot.com/2013/09/crude-oil-11092013.html

    Have a great day!!!

    Duc

    ReplyDelete